Friday, October 20, 2006

Junk Jol

So I got that job offer last Friday, but can you believe HR still hasn't called me to officially offer it to me, begin salary negotiations, etc.?? Going on a second interview with Bank of New York today, and just sent off my CV for a job with Fortis because I really don't know what's going on with Euroclear... very strange.

Though not as strange as this... While wasting time online, predictably reading about football, I came across this in a profile of Martin Jol, the Dutch coach of Tottenham Hotspurs, one of the teams in the English Premier League.

"Martin Jol has 2 brothers, Cock (Cornelius) and Dick, who are both active in the world of football. Cock Jol is currently an overseas scout for Tottenham, whilst Dick Jol is a FIFA-accredited international referee, taking charge of the 2001 UEFA Champions League final."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Jol

What the f?? Cock and Dick?? They all speak English, they must know how that sounds. My only explanation is that those two are hung like horses, and unlucky Martin is more anatomically human, otherwise why wouldn't he be known as Package Jol or Junk Jol or something. Bizarre, but blogworthy.

Toodles,

Cock and Balls Sulaimani

No comments: